first birthday party : one

THE IDEA AND THE INVITATION

Mima is about to turn one! So I have been busy planning her first birthday party, it's really an excuse for a party, a celebration of the fact we have made it through the first year of Mima's life.
The first gift I ever recieved as an expectant mother was a board book of 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' from my boss. I loved this book as a child, who doesn't? I have read it to Mima most days since she was born and she loves turning the pages and looking at the book on her own too. So I felt this was the perfect theme for her party.
Since it is a classic lots of people have the same idea, so there was loads of inspiration on the internet, some of it quite amazing, I really won't be competing!
The first step is the invitation so I thought I would show you what I came up with...
A leaf.

With holes punched for caterpillar bites.

Next the actual party!